Button priority in this game goes > > > , where the letter to the left takes priority over any and all letters to the right.
- Pressing + would have your character perform .
Because there are so many commands that are 2 or 3 buttons, the rules for determining what command you get is simple: The command that uses the highest priority button wins. One More! Cancel has highest priority if available.
- Pressing + + would execute a Furious Action (B+D) instead of an All Out Attack (A+B).
- Pressing + + + would execute a Burst (++); if no burst is available, then a throw (+).
- Pressing + + with 50SP as Naoto would execute a SB Double Fangs () instead of a super ( or ), or if you have less than 25SP, then you will get an All Out Attack.
- Button priority is crucial to understanding and executing certain option selects!
Cancels After Hitting a Persona
Hitting a Persona counts as the attack being "blocked" in terms of P Combo canceling.
For example, Narukami's 5B can be jump-cancelled on hit only, so he will not be able to jump-cancel if the attack only hits the opponent's Persona, but he will retain all of his "cancel on block" options for 5B, such as backdash-cancelling.
One More Cancel Run
Hold forward or down-forward when doing a ground One More! Cancel and your character will automatically begin running forward!
This is useful for combos where you need to get as close to your opponent as possible after a One More! Cancel.
This trick does not work for backsteps or air dashes.
When your character is invincible (either fully, or to a specific attribute) and goes through an enemy attack, you may notice that a white circle appears. This is to show that the character was invincible.
Note that this circle doesn't always appear: for example, a ground throw on an airborne opponent will not trigger this effect.
Training Mode Shortcuts
- Direction + Reset
- Left + Reset to reset both characters to the left corner (P1 in the corner)
- Right + Reset to reset both characters to the right corner (P2 in the corner)
- Down + Reset to reset both characters to round start position
- Play+Record = Reset
- Pressing both Play and Record at the same time is the same as pressing the Reset button
Some mechanics in the game depend on priority, notably same frame situations such as throw trades. Character priority is determined by the latest player to strike the other, including with projectiles. The sprites of the character with priority will be displayed in front of the sprites of the lower priority character. This is inconsistent and priority can be gained or lost by doing actions such as walking or crouching.
- Akihiko Sanada[★]
- Chie Satonaka[★]
- Junpei Iori[★]
- Kanji Tatsumi[★]
- Ken Amada[★]
- Mitsuru Kirijo[★]
- Naoto Shirogane[★]
- Rise Kujikawa[★]
- Shadow Labrys[★]
- Tohru Adachi[★]
- Yosuke Hanamura[★]
- Yu Narukami[★]
- Yukari Takeba[★]
- Yukiko Amagi[★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data