For playing neutral with Jack-o it is important to also know the trajectory of the minions after they have been hit.
- j.S, 2H*
2H goes slightly higher than j.S
A and B will be the most commonly used for neutral.
Because of this you typically will be using 5P,5K, and 6P to hit the servants.
- 6P is useful because it can send it a bit further than normal and has fairly fast recovery
- 5K jump cancelable which gives you many options and great for setups
- 5P fastest possible hit and allows you to combo in certain situations
Unfortunately for Jack-O, exceptionally few of her normals naturally frame trap into other normals, so you're better off utilizing stagger pressure between normals. However, when it comes to cancelling into special moves from normals you will find that 214K or 236K are sufficiently delayed enough to cause natural frame traps. These frame traps are easy to perform, and since both of these special moves can be combo starters given the correct servant positioning, they have the potential for big and easy damage. Be wary of the frame traps based on Tiger Knee specials, as it is possible to accidentally delay them. Also, specifically for j.236K, frame traps involving this move can be beaten by 6P. The same is rare, but possible for 214K/j.214K while the servant is falling. When the servant is floating at their natural height, Attack Command cannot be dodged by 6P (needs testing on all characters).
To explain the significance of the Frame Gaps;
- 1-2f - Invulnerability of some sort is required to beat this frame trap.
- 3f - Sol's 5K and Chipp's 5P will trade with these frame traps.
- 4f - Sol's 5K and Chipp's 5P beats this, and Giovanna's 5P will trade.
- 5f - A majority of the cast can trade with this, but some characters with slower startups (MI, ZA, AX, FA, AN) still can't.
- 6f+ - By this point, almost all of the cast has an option that beats this frame trap. The rest of the characters (MI, ZA, AX, FA, AN) all have an option that trades. Essentially, this is the point where a string stops being a frame trap in this game.
|5P > 6P||Yes||???f||Very Easy||Simple gatling.|
|2P > 6P||Yes||???f||Very Easy||Simple gatling.|
|6P > 236K||Yes||1-2f||Very Easy||Simple special cancel.|
|5K > 214K||Yes||1-2f||Very Easy||Simple special cancel.|
|c.S > jc j.214K||Yes||1-2f||Hard||Tiger Knee special cancel, leads to a free jumping normal overhead and further pressure.|
|2S > 236K||Yes||1-2f||Easy||Simple special cancel, although it is hard to use this move in a blockstring.|
|2D > 236K||Yes||1-2f||Very Easy||Simple special cancel. If you think the opponent won't press a button, use 236[P], 44 to cancel the 2D and escape.|
|j.K > j.214K||Yes||1-2f||Easy||Simple special cancel. j.K whiffs on many crouching opponents, so this is only useful when you know the opponent will be stand blocking.|
|j.S > j.236K||Yes||1-2f||Very Easy||Simple special cancel.|
|j.H(2nd) > j.236K||Yes||1-2f||Very Easy||Simple special cancel.|
|2K > 214K||Yes||3f||Very Easy||Simple special cancel.|
|c.S > jc j.236K||Yes||3f||Hard||Tiger Knee special cancel, leads to j.214K into a free jumping normal overhead and further pressure.|
|f.S > 236K||Yes||3f||Very Easy||Simple special cancel.|
|j.H(1st) > j.236K||Yes||4f||Very Easy||Simple special cancel. Only works on exceptionally tall characters while standing (FA, PO, NA).|
Click [★] for character's full frame data