This page is Ranger's "Resource Dump" page. This page is to be used to indiscriminately store just about any pieces of gameplay information that anyone may have that exists about this character, to make for a catalog of preserved content that can (and probably should) be fully realized and transcribed onto main character pages after review.
For simplicity's sake; anything you would want pinned in your character channel or character Discord can go here, such as:
- Character Discord pins
- Links or transcriptions of external personal documents and / or Dustloop User Docs
- Tech videos, especially from Twitter hashtags
- One-off or niche combo routes
- Set-ups (for pressure, mix-ups, okizeme, or setplay)
- Video analyses of matches and sets
If more opinionated works are posted, such as match-up charts, it is highly recommended that you include accreditation to the creator and any other important specifics (such as ordering or et cetera), so that readers can evaluate the sourcing. To readers, also note that this means you should consume at your own discretion. Not all strategy or reasoning may be fully explained, tested, or viable, so either be sure to ask the creators any questions (if possible), or do your own research in training mode.
You can embed links to external documents or User Docs here.
Community Doc of Ranger combos https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11WRLEvg41lwDD-1lnPvTzem9wyAagFCALwC5Kcfwgfo/edit#gid=0
Basic Combo Guide for Beginner Rangers (included in above doc) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17saslw_0sTxjLd-IoQxaqsgHzM_OjNZiPCVWXmIsWng/edit?usp=sharing
Tables for 2S 214M counterplay, what 2Ms 2S 6M beats and the GCs that can beat 150 MP guard break https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1UEtGsEownkqB4xRwGs8GNZnpPJrSFZ8SX3t1s9tOceU/htmlview
You can embed videos of content here, preferably on generally permanent platforms such as YouTube, or via a direct embed.
Example of 100 MP and 150 MP guard break setups off grenade
You can write your own content here, or post transcriptions of content from potentially impermanent sources here.
Message about 6SS jS oki options
6SS jM(1w) jS options below
Assuming you've carried to corner, after 6SS jS, you're more plus, but the range you're at is unsafe against 2Ms (unless LW, GRP or GB lul)
- Meaty 2A
- Delay/ Shimmy into throw
- Run up jM
- Shimmy into block
- Meaties roll and at that range, if the opponent blocks, you can blockstring into 80MP guard crush or 150MP far guard crush
- Makes you safe against most DPs, but mainly creates space while still forcing pressure with grenade
- Requires the delay since
- They have throw invul for a short time after waking up and
- an immediate grab means that grenade won't combo after
- Used to throw bait for high damage. Can be more useful against certain DPs at higher heights. Normally, you want to be a bit higher than minimum height for jM throw bait, but with grenade covering you, it matters less since you don't need to convert with jM jB; you do jMM instead and grenade pops. On the other hand, jumping higher before jM can make it easier to call out people who late react with jump or to low crush certain DPs
- Used to bait people doing DP to ignore the mix. Doesn't have to be a shimmy, but the important part is calling out their DP. Even if the bait fails, you can still do late grab. Even though the grenade whiffs, Ranger oki post grab is still really scary
6SS jM(1w) jS jM(1w) means whiff first hit
Differences between two enders;
- It gets rid of white life, meaning no conversion if they do something wild
- The jM pushes you back enough that 2A will safely meaty all but 5 DPs in the game
- Whiffing the first hit of jM lets you actually meaty roll; if you don't whiff the first hit, they can roll and while you can punish with grab, I don't think grenade lets you convert into another grenade
- While the meaty 2A is autotimed, this also means that you can't do the true 2A 5B 5S 6S pop 214M blockstring since you're too far. You'll have to sacrifice your meaty to run up and do 2A
On the other hand, you can still threaten guard crush well since 2A 5B (rollable gap here) 2B 5S(whiffs against some characters) 2A 5B pop 214M is still very safe due to having the grenade by your feet. If they roll in after 5B, there's not much they can do about 2M since grenade covers recovery
6SS jMM jS
Don't do this ever; you're AT LEAST -6 afterwards. You're sacrificing around 16 frames of advantage for the opportunity to spend 20 MP (+ 10 + 30 + 20 +...) to deal an additional 12 damage per repitition. If you're aiming to kill and it doesn't, don't throw jS; you're still plus if you land normally, but the more reps that you do, the less plus you are due to the increasing height
Click [★] for character's full frame data