|This page has been marked for cleanup.
This can be for a variety of reasons including but not limited to: spelling mistakes, unnecessary information, poor formatting, and other metrics per common sense reasoning.
Consider helping rewrite it.
|Combo Notation Guide|
5AAA > 214B
- Damage: 5085
- Special cancel ender for auto combo A.
2BB > 5BB > jAA > jAA > j214B
- Damage: 6255
- Conversion off of crouching B.
5BB > [dl.2C 5BB] x N > 2BB > 236A
- Damage: Varies
- 5BB loop. 3-4 reps possible depending on starter. Need to recover fully from 5BB before doing 2C so that you can do 5BB again.
- Can end with dl.2C 5AAA instead of 2BB for restand reset.
5AA > (2C) > 2BB > 5BB > (dl.2C) > 5AAA > 214C
- Damage: 6502
- Adding 2C after 5BB will make landing 5AAA more consistent, but if you've already used 5A, the 2C needs to be a link in order to reset your gatlings.
- 214C can be replaced with 214B, 214BC/236BC or even 222BC if in astral heat. Alternatively, just end with 5AAA for restand reset.
5AA > 2BB > 5BB > 5A > 2BB > 5BB > 2C, 5BB > 214B+C
- Damage: 8711
- A good damage super ender. Requires strict timing for [2C > 5BB] and a slight delay at [5A > 2BB]. Can be done anywhere, but requires to be close so the first 2BB doesn't whiff after 5AA
5AAA (grab) > (A or 236A or 236B) > P > dash 5BB > 2BB > 2C > 236A
- 236B does the most damage but some assists may blow the opponent too far back for Wald to follow up. In those cases do 236A or 5AAAA instead.
P > 214B/C+D > assist combo
- Switch combo. Pressing D during 214B/C while partner is out will switch to the partner during the grab, allowing the partner to pick up the combo as soon as Wald finishes the animation. Also has the benefit of making whiffed throws safe.
- Note that 214C takes up more combo time, so while it deals more damage, the followup combo may have to be shortened.
Wald generally wants to end his combos with either 5AAA (for restand reset), 236A (for standard knockdown) or 236B (for damage). If you want to use meter, you can end with 236B+C instead for the wall carry. Most of the combos above can end in any of the above enders.
It is possible to gatling 2C after 5BB but you will generally want to delay it, so that it links instead and resets your gatlings. This allows you to loop 2C 5BB (although combo proration usually limits how much actual reward you get from this as opposed to just a regular combo) but more importantly, it allows you to end your combos in any normal even if you've already used it earlier in the combo. For example, you can start a combo with 5A or 2B, combo into 5BB link 2C, then end in 5AAA or 2BB.
Waldstein normally cannot combo off his command throws, but can buffer them into an Active Switch by inputting 214B+D or 214C+D. The command throw will still come out but you will swap to the other character before it does. If the command throw connects, Wald will throw them while your partner is free to move the entire time.
Waldstein Basic Combos By Meno
External Documents and References
- Azrael [★]
- Celica A. Mercury [★]
- Es [★]
- Hakumen [★]
- Hazama [★]
- Iron Tager [★]
- Izayoi [★]
- Jin Kisaragi [★]
- Jubei [★]
- Mai Natsume [★]
- Makoto Nanaya [★]
- Naoto Kurogane [★]
- Nine the Phantom [★]
- Noel Vermillion [★]
- Nu-13 [★]
- Platinum the Trinity [★]
- Rachel Alucard [★]
- Ragna the Bloodedge [★]
- Susano'o [★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data