|This page is missing significant information. You can help by editing it.|
Using 236C Jin is able to use Resonance Blaze mid combo, because of this he is very good as an Anchor. He also has pretty good assists
Jin's oki is focused on ending with his grounded specials for safe-jump oki. This normally requires resources like the Skill Gauge or Cross Gauge as Jin's combos are very short without his 5BBB launcher but using it prevents him from combo-ing back into his A Smart Combo or his sweep. Jin's air options are weaker, usually only granting a meaty 5A/5B, but they are necessary for most of his solo combos. His supers don't normally provide strong oki but the enhanced versions grant safe-jump oki, so use them frequently when in Resonance Blaze.
1) Sekkajin Follow-up (5AAAA): Only works when grounded and works best when used while Jin is cornered. Locked behind his A Smart Combo. Switches sides and grants safe-jump oki.
2) Hirensou (A+D): Only works when grounded and works best when used in or near the corner. Has minimum damage scaling and start-up invincibility. Cannot burst or call assists until endlag has finished.
3) Musou Senshouzan (214B): Only works when grounded. Grants safe-jump oki.
4) Hizangeki (j.214B): Only works when airborne.
5) Touga Hyojin (236B+C): Only works when grounded and works best when used in or near the corner. Enhanced version works anywhere on the screen and grants safe-jump oki. Has minimum damage scaling and start-up invincibility but requires 2 bars of meter.
6) Hiyoku Getsumei (214B+C): Works anywhere on the screen, both on the ground and in the air. Enhanced version and normal grounded version grants safe-jump oki. Has minimum damage scaling and start-up invincibility but requires 2 bars of meter.
Choosing an Oki Route
1) Sekkajin's Follow-up is the final hit of Jin's A Smart Combo, used commonly near the end of resource using combos thanks to its high damage. The auto combo ender switches sides which makes it good when Jin is cornered but pretty poor when the opponent is cornered. Requires a forward jump IAD with j.B to get a safe-jump when the move doesn't put the opponent in the corner.
2) Hirensou is Jin's DP and also his absolute fastest meterless oki option, so it is required when ending grounded combos if his A Smart Combo won't work due to low remaining hitstun. It also has surprisingly long reach, decent minimum damage, start-up invincibility, and is air unblockable. However, it basically has no oki mid-screen due to the last hit's massive knock back and low frame advantage. Even in the corner, it only gives Jin a meaty normal, so only use this for oki if you have too.
3) Musou Senshouzan is Jin's best meterless oki tool due to its high damage and guaranteed safe-jump oki. It has a decent bit of start-up so it can't be done off most of Jin's normals at the end of highly scaled combos, even off of 2C. It only combos consistently off of 5AAA, so it gets used in mostly the same situations as Sekkajin's follow-up.
4) Hizangeki is Jin's only air combo ender and seeing how most of Jin's resourceless combos end in the air it must be used very frequently. Gives him basic meaty oki, mostly in the corner.
5) Touga Hyojin normally doesn't provide any notable oki due to the massive knock back and low farme advantage. However, the enhanced version provides safe-jump oki anywhere on the screen. Requires a forward jump IAD with j.B to get a safe-jump when the move doesn't put the opponent in the corner. Note that it costs two bars to use and puts Jin into a 180 frame meter-build cool-down.
6) Hiyoku Getsumei provides safe-jump oki anywhere on the screen but gives a greater frame advantage when Jin is cornered and less frame advantage when the opponent is cornered. Requires an IAD to safe-jump in the corner. The regular air version is pretty bad, only giving Jin meaty oki if the opponent is cornered. This move also costs two bars to use and puts Jin into a 180 frame meter-build cool-down.
Tips and Tricks
- Azrael [★]
- Celica A. Mercury [★]
- Es [★]
- Hakumen [★]
- Hazama [★]
- Iron Tager [★]
- Izayoi [★]
- Jin Kisaragi [★]
- Jubei [★]
- Mai Natsume [★]
- Makoto Nanaya [★]
- Naoto Kurogane [★]
- Nine the Phantom [★]
- Noel Vermillion [★]
- Nu-13 [★]
- Platinum the Trinity [★]
- Rachel Alucard [★]
- Ragna the Bloodedge [★]
- Susano'o [★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data