Persona 4: Arena Ultimax Remastered is a home console version of the 2.0 update to Persona 4: Arena Ultimax that was originally only released for Japanese arcades. This version makes major changes to the systems and rebalances all the characters. In Japan, the game was released as Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold Remaster while the West kept the original Persona 4: Arena Ultimax name. For convenience and clarity to both regions, we are using the "Remaster" tag on this version's page titles to help distinguish between this release and the previous version.
- Pages in express need of clean-up, re-writing, or review
All of these pages severely lack information or expertise past a surface level, and could very well use a face-lift from any character specialists willing to do so.
Which character should I pick? Where can I find match videos? Isn't this game all about Shadow characters nowadays?
Find the answers to these frequently asked questions on the aptly-named Frequently Asked Questions page.Patch Notes page here. (NOT FULLY TRANSLATED, many changes are missing altogether!)
- Shadow Type Character
Shadow Type has been changed from the first Ultimax, giving them more flexibility, but also making Shadow Frenzy more difficult to use.
- Shadows can now Burst
- Shadow Frenzy now costs Burst and converts current SP into a timer that works the same as the previous game. The more SP, the longer Shadow Frenzy lasts.
- Opponent can not Burst during Shadow Frenzy
- Shadows no longer carry SP across rounds
- Arcade : January 15th, 2015
- PS4/Switch/Steam : March 17th, 2022
- Akihiko Sanada[★]
- Chie Satonaka[★]
- Junpei Iori[★]
- Kanji Tatsumi[★]
- Ken Amada[★]
- Mitsuru Kirijo[★]
- Naoto Shirogane[★]
- Rise Kujikawa[★]
- Shadow Labrys[★]
- Tohru Adachi[★]
- Yosuke Hanamura[★]
- Yu Narukami[★]
- Yukari Takeba[★]
- Yukiko Amagi[★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data
• Controls • HUD • FAQ •
• Movement/Canceling • Offense • Defense • Attack Attributes • SP/Persona/Burst Gauge Usage • Status Ailments •
Detailed & Advanced Information
• Damage/Combo System • Frame Data & System Data • Universal Strategy • Misc •
• Patch Notes • Tier Lists • Golden Arena •