|Guilty Gear XX ♯Reload|
Developer: Arc System Works
Preceded By: Guilty Gear XX
This is an update to Guilty Gear XX that adds Robo-Ky as a fully realised playable character, with new assets and moves completely separate to Ky Kiske. As with Guilty Gear XX, Kliff and Justice are added as unlockable characters in home releases of the game, though they are not considered tournament legal.
Character page completion
Click here or on the characters' names for the character page roadmap.
|Anji Mito: partial||Faust: partial||Potemkin: partial|
|Axl Low: partial||I-No: partial||Robo-Ky: partial|
|Baiken: functional||Jam Kuradoberi: partial||Slayer: functional|
|Bridget: functional||Johnny: functional||Sol Badguy: complete|
|Chipp Zanuff: partial||Ky Kiske: functional||Testament: partial|
|Dizzy: partial||May: partial||Venom: partial|
|Eddie: partial||Millia Rage: complete||Zappa: partial|
Online play with rollback is available through Fightcade's NAOMI Flycast emulator.
Both versions are finicky. Flycast tends to drop lots of frames if the delay isn't set high enough, and the Steam version will desync if enough packets are dropped at the wrong time.
There are 2 arcade versions of this game. The first was criticized for its bugs, resulting in Arc System Works to create a second version. Players can tell the difference by looking at the logo: the first version has the word "♯Reload" in red, while the second version has it in blue.
The Korean release of the game includes a Korean dub as well as having a completely new soundtrack composed by Shin Hae Chul.
This is a list of links to common terms used in Guilty Gear XX ♯Reload.
- Attack Level
- Bear Stun
- Character Defense
- Dead Angle Attack
- Faultless Defense
- Forced Proration
- Force Roman Cancel (FRC)
- Guard Gauge
- Impossible Dust
- Instant Block
- Instant Kill
- Jump Install
- Negative Penalty
- One Frame Jump
- Roman Cancel (RC)
- Special Attacks
- Tension Gauge
- Ukemi (Teching)
Tier lists are made to give a general idea of the character strength. They do not decide the strength of the character, and do not decide who can or will win a given match. Tier lists help act as a basic point to understand which characters have more matchups in which they are advantaged against another character piloted by another theoretically equally skilled player.
Norematch's [list] from 2011/10/20
Note that the beginner tier list ranks characters among the tiers going from left (easiest) to right (hardest). Keep in mind that this list represents the characters' effectiveness at a beginner level and is not representative of the overall skill curve of each character! Some examples:
- Jam is listed as one of the easiest characters to play, yet to become truly effective at high level she requires mastery of her gimmick.
- Chipp is easy to pick up and has very basic BnB's but his learning curve is ridiculously steep due to his requirement of having very fast reactions to optimise every chance you get, which regardless nets very poor damage with the added irony of having the most punishing defense modifier in the game.
- Baiken's gameplan is very simple and effective, especially at a low level where she can abuse her gimmicks against other beginners, but her difficult BnBs add an harsh spike to her learning curve.
- May is a low tier character with an ineffective gameplan that is utterly trash until her difficult combos are mastered.
- Picking Eddie up as a first character for a new player will require lots and lots and lots of practice before becoming even moderately proficient with the character, but if one is able to surpass the execution barrier they are rewarded with unparalled screen control, mixups, okizeme, damage and unblockables.
- Conversely, getting used to Johnny's quirks such as his sluggish movement, Mist Finer Cancel technique, and Divine Blade FRC, rewards you with an explosive character and potential for high damage, but he is overall a less rewarding character when compared to Eddie, who is the undisputed strongest character in the game by far.
- Keep in mind that this list is only a visual indicator for a beginner to glean over; character love can be an extremely strong motivator that will let you surpass all kinds of technical requirements so be sure to pick whomever you like the most, don't let this list decide for you!
Frame Data: http://tengainomori.net/guilty/index.html