This page is Bedman's Resources page. This page is to be used to indiscriminately store just about any pieces of gameplay information that anyone may have that exists about this character, to make for a catalog of preserved content that can (and probably should) be fully realized and transcribed onto main character pages after review.
For simplicity's sake; anything you would want pinned in your character channel or character Discord can go here, such as:
- Character Discord pins
- Links or transcriptions of external personal documents and / or Dustloop User Docs
- Tech videos, especially from Twitter hashtags
- One-off or niche combo routes
- Set-ups (for pressure, mix-ups, okizeme, or setplay)
- Video analyses of matches and sets
If more opinionated works are posted, such as match-up charts, it is highly recommended that you include accreditation to the creator and any other important specifics (such as ordering or et cetera), so that readers can evaluate the sourcing. To readers, also note that this means you should consume at your own discretion. Not all strategy or reasoning may be fully explained, tested, or viable, so either be sure to ask the creators any questions (if possible), or do your own research in training mode.
You can embed links to external documents or User Docs here.
- Bedman Rev2 character specific doc
- Bedman recordings for a combo recipe manager
- Bedman discord FAQ
- Drifters tips compilation
- Rev2 oki doc
- Bedman bible
- Sabamiso's Task A Notes
- Sabamiso's Slayer MU Notes
- Sabamiso's 2H Notes
- Souryuu's Corner Task B Okizeme Notes
- Sabamiso's Jack-O' MU Notes and *translation
- Raven MU notes
- Basic anti-Bedman strategies
- DrifterDane's personal Bedman notes
- Bedman General Notes (From v1.1)
- Bedman Setup Encyclopedia (Recovered)
- Sabamiso Okizeme and Setups
- Sabamiso vs Elphelt Matches
You can embed videos of content here, preferably on generally permanent platforms such as YouTube, or via a direct embed.
- GCYoshi's beginner Bedman tutorials
- Wonder Tonic's Youtube channel
- Deja Vu Task B YRC Options
- Deja Vu C + Task A Oki
- Rev2 throw combos
- Bedman combos
- Task B cross up shenanigans
- Bedman j.p crossup guide
- Midscreen DVC YRC Task A' Concept
(In Japanese) Sabamiso's advice vs:
You can write your own content here, or post transcriptions of content from potentially impermanent sources here.
Slayer Interactions 1.0
+ Throw is best option + cS is good - other buttons may work, but may face wrong direction
5P + Bedman 5P is better, but is likely to clash anyways + fS, 5H beats it
cS Specifically: cS->fS->cS->fS
+ FD first hit. He can't get cS ever again. You can then 2P it
+ IBing one of them allows you to blitz the follow-up
6P + 2K is likely the best bet
+ He's negative on block.
+ On IB, he's punishable via 2P
? 2K can hit him deep enough, but high risk
? 2P only beats the very early start-up. Otherwise it gets low profiled
? 2S/2D/TaskB reaches low enough, but it's slow enough to trade/lose
- jS will NEVER work.
- 6H loses.
- jD sucks. Don't answer with that.
+ 5P is the most reliable way to beat this attack
+ 2D can hit it far enough if spaced well without being hit.
? fS is prone to trade
? Most air normals will trade
- 2P, 2K won't hit the limb.
- 2S gets outranged (lmfao)
+ 2P will outfootsie his 2P
+ 2S, 2D reaches far enough and avoids the jabs
? 2K has mixed results. Can hit him at max distance, but otherwise not recommended.
? fS can get hit but reaches far enough to hit him
- 5P will not be able to reach Slayer.
+ Jump avoids it
+ 5K avoids it
+ fS from afar
+ cS, 2P up close
+ Only way to really beat it is to hit him prior with something far reaching
- Otherwise, 5H will fuck everything you throw at it
+ only really reliable option from afar is 5P
? Can angle a jK to avoid the foot and hit him, but the confirm is likely awkward
- Once the foot is out, it's hard to beat
- At around max 6H range, do not try 2K or 2S
+ 5K avoids it
+ 2K, 5H, fS can outrange it without fear of trading
? 2P can outrange but it's risky
? 2D is slow and will likely lose but if it's already out, it will hit 2D clean.
- 2S, Task B, will always trade
+ IB allows air throwing at the right angle
+ on air-to-air normal block, Bedman will fall and Slayer will still remain at jump height. 6P will beat his follow-ups
? He has to j2K again to avoid Bedman 6P, but it doesn't lead to anything.
- Slayer will beat most Bedman normals from below with this (including jP). He doesn't extend hurtbox far.
+ jS will beat it up far
- Outranges jP, jK
+ 5P wins
? 2P can win, but likely to trade
+ 5P wins from afar. Generally used to deter the attack. Reacting is hard given all else to look for.
? 2P can win, but sometimes may trade
After K mappa
+ 2P will all mash
? 5P sometimes beats Slayer 2P
After Bloodsucking Universe
? If you get thrown, Slayer may attempt some things:
- Another command throw will lose to 2P if you mash well enough. He can BDC it however the reward is low. Don't be scared of this.
- K Mappa requires you to mash out well, but mash in such way to FD in time (hold down one button+back for FD and mash with the other 2 or 3).
- K Dandy requires you to mash out and play a more dangerous RPS. Block.
+ if you IB it, you have the advantage. Do cS or 2P. IBing leads to:
+ if he follows up with It's Late, you win. 2P or cS interrupts.
+ if he does P dandy, he can get hit by cS still. P dandy is not invuln enough
+ if he does K dandy, you can recover and do another cS. 2nd cS beats everything if done soon enough.
+ if he does BDC Mappa, he will get hit by 2nd cS
- He can BDC bite, but you can also jump after your cS whiffs.
+ If you IB'd Under Pressure, 2P, 5P, or cS will win.
? If you didn't IB, everything but blitz will lose. Don't bother fighting it. Risk reward is shit.
+ 5K seems to actually dodge it assuming Bedman doesn't cross up wrong way
? If Slayer does 2D and he opts for Dandy Step oki, watch when he Dandy Steps
? if he does Dandy pretty early after the 2D, Helter Skelter is the only viable option if he opts to follow up on Dandy
? Late Dandy Step makes Helter Skelter far from a meaty, but opens up Under Pressure, Pilebunker, and Crosswise Heal.
After Helter Skelter
+ Blitz is a viable option as Slayer is always likely to fall with jH
+ If you IB Helter Skelter, you can air throw any of his attacks. This is NOT easy to do.
- Don't 6P here. You will lose unless he tries air dashing.
+ Punishable on ground block. He will only likely use it as a desperate anti-air.
+ If airborne, Wait a little after the 2nd hit dissipates then swoop with jS. Be very careful of the large hitbox on the 2nd hit.
+ You may still be able to punish if you FD 2nd hit, but you need to be close to 2P.
? Surprisingly difficult to punish if you're in the air. You can run into it's large hitbox with blitz.
+ 6P is the only reliable option to beat it out
+ Air normals above him can win (like jP or jK)
+ Footlose journey has massive landing recovery. cS punish on normal block.
? 5P can work, but is prone to trades or outright losing
- Footlose journey has a massive and unpredictable hitbox. Try not to contest it.
+ Throw him if he's up close. He usually is if he's doing Undertow from 2D. Don't throw pilebunker wallsplat -> Undertow.
+ Undertow is blitz-able
? Backdash avoids undertow, but Slayer may PRC and punish the backdash.
Dead on Time
+ Wait for him to land. Otherwise your punish will suck.
? You can 5P for potential clash/win, but why?
- If you're close and you're not already holding back, you're going to get hit.
+ Must be FD'd if you're airborne
? It has deceptively fast landing recovery (7f). Hit him as he's about to land.
Up and Close Dandy
+ cS punish if grounded.
+ If you FD this in the air, you have to 2P or throw punish. cS is usually not fast enough.
? THIS AIR SUPER IS AIR UNBLOCKABLE. FD.
? It's not an overhead.