What Are the Basics of This Game?
General Overview of Game A brief explanation of what Guilty Gear 2 is and what exists in the game.
Servant Type Guide An explanation of Servant types and their general use cases.
Basic Opening Strategy Like most RTS, Guilty Gear 2 has build orders to open the game with. Since troops can be picked up by the player, it is important to use them to cut off the opponent's economy while establishing your own. This video describes the strategy and tech needed to do a quick game opening.
Where Can I Find Match Footage?
Match footage can be difficult to follow if you don't already know how to play the game and read the mini map. On top of that, uploaded footage of recorded replays doesn't show you the Organ menu when it's being used. That said, if you want to see the pace of the game the below footage can be useful.
All footage below is on YouTube
English Match Footage
- xSol Badguy, largest collection of recent footage
- DJ Metals; there are more videos on his channel than there are in the playlist but parsing them with search terms is difficult
Japanese Match Footage
- いくさ, largest collection of more recent footage
- くろこころ; strong Izuna player, couldn't find a easy way to parse the matches with a search term and his GG2 playlist doesn't have all of his GG2 videos
Some really old footage exists on Nicovideo.jp but good luck finding it.
Servants and Symbols
The servants of each tribe are defined with symbols, these are "Circle" "Triangle" and "Square".
To know which servant/symbol is strong or weak against others, here is a simple image to understand
There are more symbols in the game and you can see them in more detail here → "Tribes"
Whats The Tier List?
The Japanese wiki says there is no tier list while mentioning that any character can win, and emphasizing that there is alot a player can do to optimize their characters.
That said, there are a few lists floating around and the most agreed upon one looks somewhat like the one below.
Stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere in the wiki
- 2 Treasure Chests will spawn at a random ghost in a normal 5 minute round. One 2 minutes in and another 4 minutes in. Each chest contains 200 Mana and can even spawn at the same ghost.
- Area's with 2 stories can be glitchy when comboing enemies on the bottom floor. There are some odd cases of Servants being combo'd and then teleporting to the upper floor.
- Sometimes all of the walls and floors visually disappear making it hard to play. Restarting the game every so often will keep this from happening.
- If you are having trouble with the Hard Campaign (probably the mission where you fight Valentine with Paradigm in Gandymede), then the easiest solution is to rush the enemy Masterghost with 2 Drills and Sol. Simply Knock Valentine away from the Masterghost so she loses the defense buff and do some high damage combos on her, once she dies the shield goes down and you can easily kill the enemy Masterghost.