- 5BGuardMidStartup12Recovery18Advantage-5 for poking
- 2BGuardLowStartup16Recovery25Advantage-8 for low profiling
- 5SGuardMidStartup18Recovery33Advantage-13 for high damage CH combos
- j.AGuardHighStartup8RecoveryUntil landing+2Advantage- for air-to-airs and mixups
- 2SGuardMidStartup16Recovery37Advantage-17 and 2M/623MGuardMidStartup16Recovery37Advantage-17 to anti-air
- 6SGuardMidStartup15RecoveryAdvantage-5 for okizeme
- FrenzyGuardN/AStartup18RecoveryTotal 23Advantage- to play the game
Frenzy is a central part of Berserker's gameplay. For the cost of 20 HP per second (converted into White Health), his swordGuardMidStartup8RecoveryAdvantage-2 normalsGuardMidStartupRecoveryAdvantage-4 becomeGuardMidStartup12RecoveryAdvantage-8 muchGuardLowStartup16RecoveryAdvantage-5 betterGuardHighStartupRecoveryAdvantage-, on top of having enhanced properties on his MS Skills and a slight damage boost on all moves (except 236MGuardMidStartup14RecoveryAdvantage+9). Overall, the trade is entirely in Berserker's favor, so don't hesitate to enter Frenzy if you find an opportunity (but don't throw away your life on a whim!)
- Note: Frenzy variant of moves are written as fr.X
- Use Frenzy (when safe) to access higher movement speed and more threatening range with fr.5MGuardMidStartup17RecoveryAdvantage+3
- Use longGuardMidStartup8RecoveryAdvantage-2 normalsGuardMidStartup12Recovery18Advantage-5 when playing more passive and preemptive
- Close space fast with Frenzy's dash speed and use fr.5AGuardMidStartup8RecoveryAdvantage-2 or 5B when close
- If you react fast to a jump in, use 2S for the most reward. If a little late, use 2M or air-to-air j.A
- Use fr.5M to whiff punish from far away if not in range for 5B
Basic starting combos:
5AGuardMidStartup8Recovery19Advantage-4 > 5B > 2B > 5S > 4S
2AGuardLowStartup6Recovery15Advantage-2 > 5B > 2B > 2S > dl.4S > 236M
5AGuardMidStartup8Recovery19Advantage-4 > 5B > 2B > 5S > 4S > Conversion > IAS Instant Air Special(requires White Life)
Conceptually includes Tiger KneePerforming a special as soon as possible after becoming airborne. Usually, but not always, involves an input trick.
For Example: 2369S for a j.236S input. j.MGuardHigh, MidStartup27RecoveryAdvantage+4, 5S > 4S > 236M, 5S > 4S
Frenzy Corner Loop Combo:
fr.5B > fr.2B > 4S > 236M(2) > Conversion > Frenzy, [fr.5B(2) > fr.2B > 4S > 236M(2) > Conversion > Frenzy]*n, (5S > 4S > (AS))
Berserker is the best character in the game at abusing Conversion. In fact, the amount of options can be quite overwhelming at first. Here's a quick list of moves you should prioritize spending Conversion on (as well as in which situation you should do so).
After knocking down with 4S, cancel into Frenzy and slight delay (or microdash) and jump forward to safejump. You can fall down with fr.jB or j.A
If a fr.jB or j.A is blocked, you can Conversion into j.A for a double overhead.
You can also land and do an instant Conversion j.A, go for 4M/214MGuardThrow (170)Startup11Recovery23Advantage- command throw into combo (if in the corner), or just land and block or 2A
Another option is to use the non follow up 6S to leave an active hitbox, which will hit opponents 2M's after invincibility frames.
You can then also go for instant Conversion j.A, 2A, or 214M to open them up if the 6S is blocked
Some useful okizeme Option Select A technique where one command (or series of commands) will perform a different action depending on the circumstances, thereby allowing one action to be able to handle two distinct situations. to know:
66A~G- Blocks the opponent's DP attempt or starts your pressure if they were blocking
66A~[G]~A- Covers the opponent's DP and roll attempts while also starting your pressure if they were blocking