This section is still being written. It may be wildly inaccurate or missing significant data.
Please feel free to make edits, but include edit summaries and sources where applicable.
|Beerus utlizes orbs for setplay like no other being.|
Sphere of Destruction
Using 2S, 236L/M/H series or 236S, Beerus can summon purple Ki Blast-property projectiles called Spheres of Destruction onto the screen that explode when they collide with the opponent (also commonly known as Cataclysmic Orbs or simply Orbs). These orbs don't interact with one another, but can be knocked around with normals and specials (excluding Vanish). When hitting an orb with any normal attack beside 6M, 5S and j.S, Beerus can cancel the normal into specials or Supers, even if neither the orb nor the normal made contact with the opponent.
- Orbs slowly descend and will disappear after 300F (315F if they've been hit), or if they touch the ground, if Beerus blocks, gets hit, tags out, triggers a cinematic with Dragon Rush or Supers
- Only 3 orbs can be on screen at the same time (except from 236S), spawning a new one will despawn the earliest one
- While traveling after being hit, orbs have bigger hitbox, higher damage (500 → 700), and will bounce against the ground and walls
- Very short range.
- Sends Cataclysmic Orbs a short distance forward.
Flicks the opponent, good for pressure.
- Can cancel into 5M or 2M to keep the gatlings going.
- Sends Cataclysmic Orbs upwards.
The clap of doom. Somewhat useful for up-close pressure, but the clap has ridiculous range and an equally ridiculous hitbox, making 5LL in neutral a great way to poke.
- Slides about half screen forward before attacking, crossing the opponent up if they are in range.
Can be punished by a fast normal as Beerus is crossing over, so don't use this move predictably.
- Headbutt, good for pressure and can be jump-cancelled on hit.
- Sends Cataclysmic Orbs down and forwards, making them groundbounce.
Due to the short dash before the hitbox comes out, hitting orbs with it can be awkward.
|850 / 1000||All||U1||13||5||17||-6||4-17 Projectiles|
- Invulnerable to projectiles, which makes it useful for tanking assists & single-hit beams.
- Short range for a 5H.
- If used in the corner, it will push Beerus back a set distance.
- Sends Cataclysmic Orbs a long distance forward very quickly.
Because you can special cancel into more orbs with this, 5H can be used to rapid fire orbs.
- Sends Cataclysmic Orbs a short distance up and forward.
- Can be used twice in a blockstring, both preceding and following H Normals (EX: 5S > 5H > 5S)
- Solid crouching normal, good for pressure with 5L.
- Slides completely full screen
- Can be used in conjunction with assists for cross under setups when the opponent air-techs.
- Tracks the opponent BEFORE attacking, meaning the hurtbox comes out long before the hitbox.
Phenomenal combo tool, but requires commitment in neutral.
|850 / 1000||All||U1+||13||3||27||-14||4-15 Head|
- Does a handstand for an anti-air. Moves forward an extremely tiny distance before going backwards.
- Short horizontal range.
- Hitbox does not extend behind him despite the animation.
- Keeps him on the ground which allows for better cancel options as well.
- Sends orbs a long distance up and forward.
- Beerus sneezes up a Cataclysmic Orb.
- Contrary to other orb summons, this one sends the orb floating up and forwards in a zigzagging manner.
- Can cancel into itself two additional times on whiff, creating three orbs.
- Hitting the orb will increase orb damage to 700 and increase size for just an instant.
- On whiff, can cancel into heavy (H) or unique (S) attacks.
Can be useful during blockstrings, such as to bait Super Dash. Best to use Vanish to cancel the recovery if the enemy is about to throw out a beam. Can be used after 5H in a blockstring to safely leave an orb on the field for Beerus shenanigans.
- Universal standing overhead. Can start combos if you have an orb set near the opponent.
- Jumping downward jab.
- Sends orbs a short distance forward.
Good as an air-to-air and jump-in.
- Upward kick.
- Sends orbs a medium distance up and forward.
Decent air-to-air and combo filler.
|850 / 1000||High||D1+ [D3+]||13||3||21|
- Hitbox extends behind Beerus.
- j.H Smash hit causes a sliding knockdown.
- Sends orbs a long distance down and forward.
Downward kick, great for jump-ins and IAD pressure. Also good for cross-ups thanks to it's extended hitbox.
|330×2 [330×4]||All||13||Total 51+7L|
- Hold down the button to fire all 4 blasts.
- Can combo into j.214X in midscreen combos.
- In Sparking!, can cancel j.S (3 ki blasts) into airdash for more damage.
- Dragon kicks through the sky.
- Great in the corner for knockdown into 214M.
- Decent getaway button to run from the opponent.
- Sends orbs flying forward and slightly upward.
- When canceled into j.236X, Beerus will keep his momentum and be sent forward fairly fast afterwards.
Sphere of Destruction
236L/M/H (Air OK)
|236L||500, 700||All||11, 32||1||13||-2|
|236M||500, 800||All||U1+||11, 34||1||13||-23*|
|236H||500×2, 800/900/1000||All||U1+||11, 32||2||10/12/14||-13/+1/+6|
|j.236L||500, 700||All||11, 27||1||21|
|j.236M||500, 800||All||U1+||11, 27||1||27|
|j.236H||500×2, 800/900/1000||All||U1+||11, 28||2||22||-|
Either used for neutral or combos because of their launch properities.
- Cataclysmic Orbs are the same as basic ki-blasts, meaning they will be beaten by superdash.
The L version is used for firing out a quick orb in neutral due to it's aggressive angle both on the ground and air, in combos it has use for being slightly more optimal when sending the opponent back down over 214L for assist extensions.
- Hitstun on a launched orb is long enough that you can convert off it anywhere on screen.
The M version is used for mix and as a launch in corner combos.
- On the ground Beerus spikes the orb off the ground back into the air, in the air the bounce depends on the height it's used.
- *If the orb does not hit the opponent as it's created, when beerus kicks the orb and the opponent blocks he will be plus. This does have a gap and can be superdashed
- The kick after the orb is summoned will whiff on any character in the game if the orb is blocked
- The summoned orb will whiff on any croucher or short character in the game.
- Due to Beerus recovering in the air after this move, he can go for easy mix with an assist covering him.
The H version comes in three forms, 236H/236H/236H and their data is listed as such in the table above.
- 236H is the most plus version on block and is used for corner carry because of it's launch sending the enemy bouncing across the ground.
- 236H is +2 if blocked standing, but if blocked crouching becomes +5, can also be converted off like 236H mid-screen but awkward in the corner.
- 236H deals the most damage and launches the enemy very high upward, like 236M Beerus recovers in the air on block allowing for mix.
Sphere of Destruction (Hold)
236[L/M/H] (Air OK)
|236[L/M/H]||500/500x2 [700/700x2]||All||11||(300) (if no contact)||22||-2/-1|
|j.236[L/M/H]||500/500x2 [700/700x2]||All||11||(300) (if no contact)||22|
The version of 236L/M/H where the button is held, preventing the kick from coming out. This version of the move is mainly used for setting up orbs during oki to pressure the opponent and enhance Beerus's mix-ups, as well as leaving traps around that pressure superdashing at Beerus.
God of Destruction's Rampage
214L/M/H (Air OK)
|j.214L||500, 500||All||14||until landing||-5|
|j.214M||500, 750||All||D1||17||until landing||-5|
|j.214H||500, 1000||All||D1||14||until landing||-5|
- First hit ground bounces. Smash on the splash.
- Leaves Beerus airborne afterwards, allowing for any air option available.
- 214X's hitboxes do not match its visuals. Beerus needs to be next to his opponent for the move to connect.
- Has some uses in corner combos.
L version is a true blockstring from M and H normals; this allows Beerus to do a 50/50 high/low by airdashing afterwards. Best used with an assist to leave it gapless.
- Smash hit ground bounces into SKD.
- Air version can be comboed after j.S(1) anywhere on screen.
M version allows SKD oki at the end of every combo.
- Smash hit big ground bounce into SKD.
- Aerial version is the same as 214M, but does not track full screen like 214H.
- You can combo with 214H/j.214H solo if you've saved your air action, making this a pretty good combo tool.
H version can be used as a surprise "in your face" due to its speed; on block, you can get a 50/50 high/low situation with an assist.
Spheres of Destruction
- Despawns all current orbs and spawns 6 new ones.
- Every new orbs will despawn at most two of 236S, starting from the top row to the bottom.
Best used on a cornered opponent to limit their options on wake-up. Very susceptible to beams otherwise.
God of Destruction's Wrath
214S (Air OK)
|214S||400×10||All||9(14 in front)||64 (first)/38 (last)||-35||1-33 All|
|j.214S||400×10||All||9(14 in front)||60(first)/34(last)+10L||1-33 All|
- Invincible during startup. Guard point during active. Can beat beams on reaction.
- Shoots 5 Ki blasts in front of Beerus and 5 behind him.
- Doesn't protect Beerus from throws and supers.
- Covers almost every position except directly above or underneath him.
- Damage and advantage vary with position.
Among the fastest reversals in the game at 9 frame start-up, but has weaknesses due to losing to options a regular DP would not.
Sphere of Destruction
|500 , 600||All||20, 41||42, 4||+50/+29|
- Very fast, unreactable start-up, which makes it a powerful anti-scramble assist when called correctly.
- Uses something like 236H. First hitbox is 2 ki blasts, second is a kick.
- Orbs disappear as soon as Beerus leaves or gets hit.
- Often used to put opponents on block post-superdash on their way down, much like how DP assists are used but doesn't share the anti-air invulnerability they have. This usage prevents the opponent from GC reflecting on their way down to the ground. The opponent can usually reflect after they block the ki blasts if they're grounded.
Even though the opponent can typically reflect out of the Ki blasts, you can override this by doing any physical hitting move, removing their ability to reflect. For example, blockstring > SD + Assist (when timed correctly) is gapless, and cannot be reflected or GC reflected. Alternatively, you may also perform a throw in anticipation of their Reflect.
God of Destruction's Rampage
|400, 600||All||30||4, 3||+34|
- Causes ground bounce on hit.
- Blockstun is 27 frames if only the first hit connects, and 24 frames if only the second one does.
A reliable combo filler for characters who need the ground bounce in their combo. Not particularly useful otherwise.
God of Destruction's Wrath
|200×10, 1000||All||39 ||25||+17-40/+11||frame 31 armor|
- Much more range than the point version.
- Has invincibility after the teleport.
Fills the entire screen, making it an incredible neutral tool. Arguably better than most C assists due to Beerus's indiscriminate and omnidirectional firing.
236L+M (Air OK) or 236H+S (Air OK)
|236L+M||100×15, 1200||All||UDV||11+4||Total 65||-19||11-23 All|
|j.236L+M||100×15, 1200||All||UDV||11+4||Total 63||11-23 All|
|236L+M > X||2000||All||UDV||1+5||3||36||-19||1-5 All|
- Beerus Ball
- Minimum damage: 30*15, 360.
- In the air, use L+M to shoot straight forward or H+S to shoot downward.
- Always deals set amount of hits and damage.
- Follow-up can be activated before the 16th hit.
Can set-up Goku's Super Spirit Bomb from anywhere.
- Beerus Ball of Destruction Beerus Ball > L/M/H/S
- Press another button to explode the ball.
- Minimum damage: 800.
In order to maximize damage, try to get as many hits as possible before activating.
God of Destruction's Judgment
214L+M or 214H+S
Great combo ender with very high damage, gives mix-ups in the corner and can be reliably combo'd into from 214X. Outside of combos, it cannot hit airborne opponents and the incredibly short range make it a lackluster reversal. Cannot be used as a command grab either since the opponent can easily evade by reacting to the superflash with jump.
Has a different on-hit animation when done against Goku Black or Fused Zamasu, performing a technique known as Hakai. Successful Hakai animation plays out if their health is at 1824 or lower (1440 if Beerus is debuffedGuard:
- by Lab Coat Android 21), regardless of whether it's gonna kill or not. If it fails to kill, Beerus will be pushed further out of the corner, but is compensated by 3 more frames of advantage (from +41 to +44).
Note: Training Mode display will show Hakai doing an extra 50,000 damage after it kills, this doesn't affect any actual gameplay, as damage dealt during transitions isn't applied and doesn't give any meter.
- Minimum damage: 1824
- Advantage on hit: +41
- DBFZ Beerus color1.png
- DBFZ Beerus color2.png
- DBFZ Beerus color3.png
- DBFZ Beerus color4.png
- DBFZ Beerus color5.png
- DBFZ Beerus color6.png
- DBFZ Beerus color7.png
- DBFZ Beerus color8.png
- DBFZ Beerus color9.png
- DBFZ Beerus color10.png
- DBFZ Beerus color11.png
- DBFZ Beerus color12.png
- DBFZ Beerus color13.png
- DBFZ Beerus color14.png
- DBFZ Beerus color15.png
- DBFZ Beerus color16.png
|To edit frame data, edit values in DBFZ/Beerus/Data.|