|BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma|
Developer: Arc System Works
Preceded By: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
This is the third full game in the BlazBlue Series and it introduced some system changes compared to the Continuum Shift games:
- Bursts now regenerate instead of preset number of bursts per match like in Continuum Shift.
- Gold Burst replaced with Overdrive. Overdrive grants the character powered up versions of their Drive and stops the timer, similar to Vampire Savior's Darkforce mechanic.
- Some characters like Ragna and Bang have had their supers (Blood Kain and Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan) replaced as their Overdrive.
- Guard Primers removed, replaced with Crush Trigger. Press 5A+B to perform a special attack that can break your opponent's guard unless they're using Barrier. On Barrier Block, a portion of the Barrier Gauge is drained, and the attacker can delay the Crush Trigger to throw off the opponent's timing. Crush Triggers cost 25% Heat.
- Crush Triggers also work well mid-combo as most stun the opponent for a long time on hit.
- Hitstop has been lessened and combos are intended to be shorter/faster.
- All characters have new moves, and many have had their existing moves changed.
Seven new characters have been added:
Amane, Bullet, Azrael, Izayoi, Yuuki Terumi, Kagura Mutsuki, Kokonoe
Check each character's page for details.
- Noel's costume has been changed. She no longer wears the NOL uniform and hat like in the previous games, however the old costume is available via DLC and allows her to use both her old Astral as well as her new one!
- Nu and Mu have both been added to the game. Both characters were originally not shown during the initial trailer.
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma will be getting a patch that rebalances the entire cast. The arcade version is schedule to be patched on March 19, 2014 and will also add all console exclusive characters. The console version is expected to get this patch in May 2014.
See BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma 1.10 patch notes for details.
Below is a list of links to common terms used in BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma.
- Advanced Input
- Attack Attributes
- Attack Level
- Astral Finish
- Auto Heat Gain
- Barrier Block
- Barrier Gauge
- Combo Rate
- Counter Assault
- Counter Hit
- Counter Hit Carry
- Crush Trigger
- Danger State
- Distortion Drive
- Danger State
- Fatal Counter
- Guard Crush
- Guard Bonus
- Hard Knockdown
- Heat Gauge Cooldown
- Instant Barrier
- Instant Block
- Negative Penalty
- Overdrive Cancel
- Purple Throw
- Rapid Cancel
- Same Move Proration (SMP)
- Starter Rating
- Super Flash Buffer
- Throw Reject Miss (TRM)
- Ukemi/Tech (Air)
- Ukemi/Roll/Emergency Tech
- Untechable State
If you find one not listed, please add it in!