BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
From Dustloop Wiki
 Welcome to the BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Wiki
- Arc System Works
- Arc System Works (Japan)
- Aksys Games (North America)
- 1-on-1 2D Fighting Game
- Japan (Arcade): 11/21/2012
- Japan (Console): 10/24/2013
- USA (Console): Unknown
 BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
This is the third full game in the BlazBlue Series and it introduced some system changes compared to the Continuum Shift games:
- Bursts now regenerate instead of preset number of bursts per match like in Continuum Shift.
- Gold Burst replaced with Overdrive. Overdrive grants the character powered up versions of their Drive and stops the timer, similar to Vampire Savior's Darkforce mechanic.
- Some characters like Ragna and Bang have had their supers (Blood Kain and Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan) replaced as their Overdrive.
- Guard Primers removed, replaced with Crush Trigger. Press 5A+B to perform a special attack that can break your opponent's guard unless they're using Barrier. On Barrier Block, a portion of the Barrier Gauge is drained, and the attacker can delay the Crush Trigger throw off the opponent's timing. Crush Triggers costs 25% Heat.
- Crush Triggers also work well mid-combo as most stun the opponent for a long time on hit.
- Hitstop has been lessened and combos are intended to be shorter/faster.
- All characters have new moves, and many have had their existing moves changed.
 New Characters
Six new characters have been announced so far:
- Amane: A man dressed in a pink kimono and scarf seeking to add Carl to his traveling troupe.
- His Drive attacks turn his scarf into a drill that does lots of chip damage. Using the drill more levels it up, where it does more chip damage, but overusing it causes it to be temporarily disabled and reduced to its lowest level.
- He is also able to attack long range with his scarf and can cancel many of his attacks into a command jump. Amane's gameplan is to harass the opponent with his long range attacks, then knock them down and lay a drill on top of the opponent, doing massive chip damage or draining nearly all of the opponent's Barrier Gauge.
- Bullet: A mercenary with golden gauntlets who has a past with Sector Seven.
- Bullet's Drive creates a ring around her; if the opponent is within this ring, she can instantly dash towards the opponent and perform an attack/throw. Hitting the opponent this way levels up her Drive, giving her attacks additional properties as well as increasing the range of her homing ring. However some of her stronger attacks level down her Drive.
- Bullet's playstyle is a rushdown/grapler hybrid. Her gameplan is to use her Drive to fly at the opponent from varying angles and allow her to strike or throw the opponent,
- Azrael: A man who works with Sector Seven and only cares about fighting.
- Azrael's Drive attacks apply one of two marks to the opponent on hit. Certain attacks gain special properties when they hit certain marks (wallbounce, unblockable, etc.). The mark disappears after hitting the opponent, but can be reapplied in the same combo.
- Azrael's gameplan is to quickly move into striking range, apply a mark, then perform strong combos that also reapply the mark to keep the pressure up.
- Izayoi: Tsubaki Yayoi awakening the power sealed within her weapon (which is named Izayoi).
- Izayoi's Drive allows her to change between normal and Gain Art modes. During Gain Art mode, Izayoi's D specials become available at the cost of stocks, and her Dashes and C normals change.
- Her gameplan revolves around using normal mode to generate stocks, and then switching into Gain Art to mount an offense and increase her overall damage. Making use of each mode correctly is the key to victory.
- Yuuki Terumi: Hazama's true identity. Hazama is an alias Terumi uses to act covertly in the world.
- Terumi's Drive allows him to easily gain meter, which he needs to perform his various supers. In fact, he has more supers than specials!
- Kagura Mutsuki: Leader of the Mutsuki family of the Duodecim. He wields a large sword and intends to start a revolt against the Imperator.
- Kagura's Drive allows him to change stances which gives him different special attacks.
- Kagura is primarily a charge character.
- Noel's costume has been changed. She no longer wears the NOL uniform and hat like in the previous games.
- Nu and Mu have both been added to the game. Both characters were originally not shown during the initial trailer.
- Nu will be able to switch between two modes in the middle of a fight, one where her attacks are more like Nu, and one where her attacks are more like Lambda.
- Players can cancel many of her attacks into a mode change, thus allowing her to seamlessly use both character's playstyles in a fight.
- Players can see which mode she is currently using by looking for a halo above her head.